Jeep Safari is a very exciting and adventurous activity anywhere in the world because it enables you to see the really interesting parts of a country you visit and spend your holiday time in. Jeep Safari in the national park Durmitor will reveal breath taking scenery like the Tara canyon (second deepest canyon in the world), the Sušica canyon, the incredibly blue Piva lake, an Ice cave and the best genuine organic food like grilled trout, home baked bread, lamb prepared in traditional montenegrin way, sheep milk and the best cheese. So buckle up and join us on a wild adventure and explore the mountain regions of Montenegro.
- 09:00h Breakfast in restaurant Modra Rijeka
- 10:00 We head out from Šćepan Polje (400m) – Crkvičko Polje, panoramic view on the Tara canyon
- Nikovići village, panoramic view on the Sušica and Tara river (1365m.a.s.l)
- Nedajno village, on the edge of the Sušice canyon and view on Durmitor (1439m.a.s.l)
- Descending into the Sušica canyon to the Sušića lake (1000 m.a.s.l)
- After, we climb on the opposite side of the canyon to the village Mala Crna Gora ( eng: Little Montenegro), which is located between the canyon of Tara i Sušica (1500 m.a.s.l)
- The grand Štuoc, the highest mountain top between the Tara canyon (2104 m.a.s.l)
- Žabljak (1420m)
- Savin Kuk, ride with the ski lift to the mountain top (2313 m.a.s.l), to see the Ice Cave, then we take the ski lift back down.
- Village Virak, Stožina peak, Sedlo (1908 m.a.s.l), panoramic view on the lake Modro , Valovito lake
- Todorov Do, a village at the foot of the most beautiful summit of Durmitor, Prutaš (2300 m.a.s.l)
- After, we are crossing to villages of the Piva mountain region, a farmer village called Pišče (1390 m.a.s.l) and Trsa (1450 m.a.s.l)
- Lunch in the Eko restaurant in Trsa (real domestic organic food, grilled trout, lamb, home baked bread, cheese, sheep milk)
- After lunch we descend to the town Plužine (on the coast of the Piva lake)
- We continue our trip along the coast of the Piva lake towards Šćepan Polje (average length of the lake is 45 km, average depth 150m), then we cross the lake dam 240m high.
- Arrival to the camp depending on the lunch breaks, photography breaks, approximate time of arrival is 8 pm (20h)
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox